Sunday, June 29, 2008

Baseball Season

I love watching my kids play baseball on warm summer nights, this kind of entertainment is hard to beat. It does get a little crazy when all three kids have two games a week, but it's all worth the chaos. The Rockies took 2nd place this year and we're so excited for the State Tournaments in July. The White Sox were the team to beat, we fell a little short but we did our best. We found ourselves cheering for the boys on their team too because so many of them are good friends of Dillon's. Way to go Boys!!

Dillon made a few home runs this year and stopped quite a few balls for the team. He loves to run around all the bases and score, with a huge smile on his face he turns around and always looks right at his dad. We love ya Bud!!


Running home...


Hoping the ball comes to him...



Here's the coaches of Truxton's team: Lance striking the pose, Darin and Jason laughing at the comedian, and Dan sitting in his chair hoping I won't try and take it home again this week. ( We have the same chair and I tried taking it about 4 times this season. He just started saying "That's mine " Sorry Dan!! :)



Truxton loves to play baseball...



And I love to watch him play. He has the best facial expressions when he's concentrating on the game. He always tries so hard to do his best. Love that about my boy!!






Dillon and Emilee entertaining themselves with a little exercise during the younger boys game. They all crash by the time we get them to bed, you gotta love summer.





Marlee loves to hit the ball, but seems to get a little preoccupied while in the outfield. She told me one day she had finally figured out what she was suppose to do... When the coach says your name then it's your turn to pick up the ball and throw it. So she listens for her name and waits for her turn and that's why she says she has so much time to dance around. "It's just not my turn yet, mom." I love that girl!!!



She has so much spunk, I hope it never goes away!


I'm sad to see the season end, but I know football is only a month away and the crazy schedule starts again. We love it!!!

8 comments:

Neysa said...

It looks like you guys are really busy this summer. Dave is VERY excited for football season. That is his favorite. I could careless

STEPHANIE said...

How fun. The comment about Marlee is so funny!

Anonymous said...

I wish Austin could've played with everyone this year. It did look like a lot of fun. But like you said, football is coming as well as the crazy schedule. Not looking forward to it. I know...positive attitude. It's not about me, it's about the kids.

Palinista! said...

Good job McSpadden afletes! The two that I was watching did a fab job this summer and I'm sure Dillion is just as great! I'm glad you're there with me for the chit chat factor, makes the games so much more fun (even though sometimes I forget to watch the actual game :).

jeanette said...

Now what are you going to do at nights with no games to watch? Marlee is so cute and is such a little diva. Brynn had such a blast playing with her and you and Hillary made the sidelines more fun too!

Kim said...

Baseball was extra fun this year. I doh't know how you do it with three all playing at the same time. Love the picture of the guys on the bench. Lance is hot! It is the best having our kids the same age so we get to attend all of the same events. We've only got weeks until all Kaos breaks loose with football seasons. What would we do with ourselves without kids????? Love em!

Palinista! said...

Ok I'll comment again since you have no new posts! Fill out the list of meaningless info I just put on my blog, it would be fun to read those things from you.

Also, you should fill out the info on your profile, that would be interesting too.

Ok, now about the post I feel like we never talk or see each other now that baseball's over. We'll have to plan something, and I still think about Dillion running that day at baseball and yes I was amazed at his speed. Wow. I know about these things, as I used to be a fast runner myself. As a child my Dad would pimp me out for races all the time.

Tanya said...

yay!!! I found your blog! This is awesome...now I can keep up on you guys! I am going to add you to ours OK?