Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Minnesota Vikings

Dad decided to plan a trip over Halloween weekend and skip the whole trick or treating thing. I didn't think the kids would go for it, but to my surprise they were so excited they could hardly sleep the night before. We flew out to Minnesota on Friday morning and went to The Mall of America as soon as we got there. This is the biggest mall in the U.S. Nickelodeon Universe is in the middle of the mall with major rides to go on. Dillon's always a good sport to go with his little sister.





The Sponge Bob ride was the boys favorite, it's a lot like Wicked at Lagoon.




Truxton is still wondering was I really tall enough to go on this ride? He loves it all! The boys just ran from one ride to the next.




Lego Land is also in the center of the mall and they couldn't believe all the cool stuff people built out of Lego's.



And of course the official Vikings Locker Room store... And they think I take a long time to look and shop, I even had to sit down and wait for them! :)



We saw High School Musical 3 in an empty theater and the girls took over the isles dancing with the movie. It was pretty cute to see how excited they were.





My girls...


The walk to the game...




Dad is so pleased with his vacation planning and the kids are not complaining one bit.





Darin has been a Vikings fan, along with his brothers, since he was little kid. I guess the metrodome sells out every game because their fans are so loyal. The Viking fever has trickled down into the next generation of McSpadden boys. They were all so excited to see the game live!



The girls are becoming fans too... There was a guy who asked Marlee if she knew who's jersey she had on and she proudly said yes, Adrian Peterson.














We got there early enough to check things out , but the seats filled up fast. We had really good seats and the Vikings even won!!



Thanks Darin, what a fun weekend we had. The trip was quick, but the kids will never forget this Halloween.

11 comments:

STEPHANIE said...

Sounds like a great way to spend Halloween together! Lots of cute pictures!

Mrs. KIR said...

Sounds like fun!

Julie said...

What a fun weekend! I like the whole skipping Halloween idea!

Mindy said...

Looks like lots of fun, I bet Darin loves that his girls get into sports just like the boys!!

Bladers said...

Oh my goodness Heather what fun! I am so glad you have a blog because we had no idea you even left Utah. I love the pic of all of you in the jersey's. So cute.

Neysa said...

HOW FUN is that. We are going to Arizona for Thanksgiving this year and we are hoping to go to Lego land down there if they even have one. What a fun Halloween for your kids. That is much more fun then trick or treating for sure. I bet your kids didn't care a bit that they were where they were over Halloween.

Tanya said...

way fun!

Neysa said...

It's me again. We are going private on our blog the first part of December sometime. We would love to invite you to it. Could you please leave your email address on our blog. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

It doesn't seem like anyone was sad to miss Halloween! That sounds way more fun anyways! Glad you guys went.

Neysa said...

Hey Heather we are private now and was wondering if I could get your email address so we could invite you. We would LOVE to have you invited to it. If you need to, you can email us and I can get it from there. Our email is david_poer@comcast.net

Tanya said...

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO BE BACK ON HERE! YOU HAVE A LOT OF CATCHING UP TO DO!